Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homecoming 2011


Our lovely flier that I designed from my knowledge learned in PR Pubs on Photoshop! I think for PR it is so important to have a good knowledge of programs like Photoshop, Indesign, etc.
It is such a competitive business world, you want to have every edge possible to make yourself standout. I have had a tough time remembering what all the different tools do, but I am a quick learner and I am so glad I now have this knowledge under my belt. It greatly helped me out with this flier and in other projects too!


First, I made the decision to use colors that weren't our school colors so that our flier would stand out against the others. Then I made our names the focal point and largest writing on the page so that it would stick in the voter's minds. One good decision I made, was adding the site where students could vote. Most of the other candidates did not do this and many people had no idea how to vote. I made the complimentary writing a different color to, again, make our names stick out and to compliment the background color.
Even though we didn't win, I got many compliments on our flier and I think that it greatly helped out our campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment